Friday, November 12, 2010

God is Good!

Yes.
He is always good, even even the bad and the ugly.
But this past week has been a huge faith booster for me!
The funds for my trip to Thailand are coming in faster than I ever thought possible. I have (or have pledged to come soon) half of the trip expenses, which is what I needed in emergency status this week. The reason it was needed so quickly was because of trouble booking flights. They are up in price, few and far between. So, our travel agent (who is a dear Christian Lady) told us on Saturday that we needed to have the tickets purchased by Tuesday! At that point I had only had 120.00 toward my outreach. I had no idea how God could provide a way to get it all. Why would God call me to Thailand and then not let me go? It was a huge test of faith, just believing that God knew what He was doing and I was just the tool.
Well, in 48 hours I was able to raise all of the money needed for my flight!
In 48 hours the students and I planned a fundraising event for Tuesday night (which was a huge success).
In 48 hours, God can move what seems like mountains.
So, I just wanted to share that with you all.
It was just so encouraging!
Please keep myself and the team in your prayers as we raise the other half of the money.
The pieces are falling into place for us to go back to Nahong- I am so excited to see what God will do this year! Continue with me to pray for their salvation! Ahh! *That is a scream of excitement*
Also, pray for our other team of students and staff going to Brazil. They will be purchasing their flight tickets within the nest couple of weeks as well.

I am reminded of my life verse. 1 Thes 5:24 "The One who calls you is faithful. And HE will do it." :) No control is mine. My job is just to follow the Father's leading.

Much love to you all
Cheyenne


To keep you up with the mundane of my life: Here is a random picture of myself and Lucas playing basketball a few weeks ago. Notice how bad I am. I am not a basketball player.... ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment